Sunday, November 20, 2016

Mr. Floppypants

Here's Mr. Floppypants.  A simple ragdoll-physics game.  Maybe it's about a very lazy person who needs to be forced to go explore and have fun.

It's based loosely on a "Chrome experiment" called Boingy, which the kids really got a kick out of.  I think they mostly liked dropping stuff on the poor protagonist, or forcing it to fall down stairs, or getting it twisted up into painful-looking poses.  After I played a bunch of MANYGOLF and through that learned about the p2.js javascript physics engine, I thought I'd make a more complicated version of my own.

It seems to work in Chome, Firefox, and Edge.  It does not work in IE.

Basically you click and drag to toss the guy around.  For more advanced play, if you click on his hand and drag it to something then he'll "grab" the thing.  You can use this to carry an item with you to some other part of the world, and to operate the car.


This game isn't nearly finished yet.  I was hoping to make the world a lot larger, and to add other characters to meet and also toss around.  If you get any ideas for things I could add to the game, let me know in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment