Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Song: Coming Up for Air

I was trying to make some background music for It's EELectric!, but I failed.  I had various ideas, mostly working around an undersea theme.  I originally wanted something like the "Evan's Room" song from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.  (digression: I always associated that song with being underwater because that's the context in which you hear it in the game, but I just learned from Zeldapedia that it's also the "Game Over" music from the original Legend of Zelda.)

Anyway after various ideas didn't seem to work, I settled on a sequence of 9th chords.  I expanded that into a more complete piece with a solemn, contemplative verse and a hopeful chorus.  Then I realized that it didn't at all fit the whimsical theme of the game for which I was writing it, and completely gave up on using it in that context.


Now I don't have anything to attach it to, so here it is by itself:


No comments:

Post a Comment