Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Callooh Callay, World!

I wrote some puzzles for the 2014 MIT Mystery Hunt.  For one of them, Callooh Callay, World!, I invented a new esoteric programming language called Wonderlang.


It's frabjous.

I imagine this is how one would program computers in Wonderland, if there were any.  It's not meant to be particularly difficult to use, but it has a different perspective.  It requires a few characters not found in the ASCII character set: I suspect keyboards in Wonderland would have a great deal more keys than ours.

Wonderlang hasn't made it onto esolangs.org (yet).  To be fair, I haven't written a proper specification for it, which seems likely to be a requirement.  But then that's probably another natural characteristic of programming in Wonderland - why should they need to write this stuff down, or if they did, despite needing to, why should they go and actually do it?  After all, they're all mad there.


No comments:

Post a Comment